We currently have an opening for Conference Minister with a potential addition to the position of Outreach Coordinator. Please use the attached application to apply for this position.
Please direct any questions to: James Eiss, 19 Limestone Drive, Suite 1, Buffalo, NY 14221, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passionate followers of Jesus with a mission to make disciples
- Churches across upstate New York, from Buffalo to near Albany, Watertown to Wellsville (and even to Oxford, England)
- Anabaptists who believe that this is the time for the message of radical discipleship, peacemaking, and community building to form new and renewed communities of faith
- Believers who identify with the “Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective”
- Diverse ethnicities: African, Burmese, Caucasian, and Hispanic
- Gifted leaders unified in our mission
- Ministries in city, suburban, and rural contexts
- A member conference of Mennonite Church USA
What does NYMC offer you/your congregation?
- Your congregation will have help with pastoral leadership transitions
- Leadership training for pastors and congregational leaders
- Fellowship and support for one another
- Resources for many areas of church life
- Participation/networking with church agencies: Everence, Menno Media, Mennonite Central Committee, Missions, etc.
- Funding for church related education (Leadership Education Fund)
- Funding for outreach ministries/new plantings (Outreach and Church Planting Fund)
- Three annual events for fellowship, worship and training: Celebration, Leadership Seminar, and Minister’s Retreat
Why should you/your congregation support NYMC?
- You get to support your sister congregations
- We can engage in outreach and other ministry opportunities together
- Help to communicate Anabaptist values across our state
- We can accomplish more by pooling our finances and other resources
- You get a voice in the wider Mennonite church
- You receive many benefits/resources
We are better together!
1-4 of 4